Wednesday 26 February 2014

Volunteering........





So I volunteered to help at a fashion event here in Auckland.  I laugh now (mostly at myself) when I think about my "application" email--which was to an intern 16 years my junior. It was an email that sounded as if I was applying for a job.  I tried to come across as professional, as a hard worker who has the right experience.  Yep and I did have the right experience.....to put pamphlets in gift bags, then product samples, then the drinks, then....well, you get the idea.  Why would I think that this would be an opportunity to do some thing other than that?!  I am not writing this from a perspective that I am "too good" for the above activity.  Or that the sweet intern who supervised us was anything other than that!   I just built it up in my mind-and this was a time that shouldn't have been built up at all!  Dumb.....



What did I learn? Next time I think I will buy the $45 ticket and go watch the fashion show and leave with a goody bag.   Those fleeting ideas of making contacts and finding an opportunity to use all this potential that is bottled up inside were brushed away with the dust on my knees after stuffing the 1,000th flyer into the last bag. 

What am I meant to do here in New Zealand? I want an answer-NOW, no, I want one yesterday! I'm going to save this as my emotions are getting the best of me and will come back to it later.....maybe there will be an answer for me by then......

Fast forward to Tuesday...... Well folks, emotions have died down and I realize now that all the above frustration wasn't the flyers, the college kids, the hard work, or the dust-covered clothes.  It is a nagging feeling that I can't shake. The feeling that I just don't know what I am meant to do. The feeling that I don't fit anywhere.  So I until I find where I am meant to be, what I am meant to do, where I am to "fit" here I am going to live each day to the best of my ability. Maybe that sounds cheesy, maybe it's cliche.   But I am going to try my best to not waste time wallowing in self-pity. Opportunity comes to those who seek it out--so seek it out I shall!  

Now check out this amazing shot that everyone went crazy for from the Saturday fashion show taken by....yours truly ;) 


Oh, and this one......


And the new MAC LIPSTICK I got on our break: WHAT A BLAST lip pencil with VIVA GLAM RIHANNA lipstick. Boom! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment