Sunday 16 November 2014

Sealed with a Pura Vida Kiss….



I was so fortunate to recently get to go to Costa Rica for a wedding.  My dear friends Shelly & Blake decided to have a destination wedding on the beautiful beaches of Santa Teresa ( on the Pacific coast in Costa Rica). I was fortunate to pick the seat next to Shelly for the two years of hell that we we called CRNA school.  She instantly became a dear friend. I really don't think I would have made it through without her friendship and support. 

The time we spent there was such a testimony to what incredible people these two are.  It was a time full of love, laughs, hugs, drinks, sun, surfing, fishing and swimming (I myself did as much of "nothing" as I could squeeze in).



58 men, women and children traveled for almost two days to reach this magical place.  Not only was the scenery gorgeous, but each person there added something beautiful to this collage of friends and family.  It was one of those times that I felt so lucky to be a part of something this special. 


Big shout out to Casa Yin Yang (a Mariposa Vacation home): Ben, Anna, Thomas, Kurt, Mona, Laurence and I (and there may have been a mouse in the mix too).  We got a chance to spend non-school, non-anesthesia time together relaxing and it was SO MUCH FUN!  I feel so much closer to this group of incredible people than ever before!   Laurence was the resident chef for the week and spoiled us with an array of fresh, delicious food.  I really didn’t want to leave..EVER!









Two days before the wedding over multiple pina coladas (made from scratch FYI) I told Shelly that I would make her a bouquet for the wedding day.   I was so happy to be able to do something to contribute to her special day.  The flowers kept in the fridge and looked fresh and beautiful when the ceremony started (insert sigh of relief). Even though it was something small I was so happy to get to do something for my dear friend on her most special day! 










Shelly and Blake are two of the kindest, nicest, most giving people I have ever met.  I am so glad that I got to be a part of this time to honor them and their love for each other as they start their married life together.  Thanks you two!


I am sure I will be finding sand in things and “places” long after I am back in New Zealand.  But I am pretty sure there are a few grains of that magical Costa Rican sand that found their way in to my heart and will be there forever.


What an amazing couple.  What an amazing journey.  What an amazing wedding! 




No comments:

Post a Comment