Monday 27 January 2014

Hello my name is Katie and I'm a product "whore"

I will be the first person to admit that I am somewhat of a beauty product "whore".  My friends know this to be true as well, and  a good friend of mine asked me to send her my go-to face routine.  I made it a show-and-tell over multiple texts for her.  I hope she likes my suggestions.   Skin care products are something that I get very excited about and love to talk about so I'm going to share some of current favorites and go-to's for your viewing pleasure!

Favourite cleanser at the moment



Old faithfuls, and what I like to call the daily holy trinity


Followed by the ALL IMPORTANT SUNSCREEN



Here are some go-to's I like to use in between my regular facials as needed.  This also helps to extend the visible benefits of my regular facials.  

Is your skin a bit dull and dry?
FHF Pajama Paste soothing active yogurt mask 


Is your skin feeling congested after a bit of "not-so-clean" living?
Boscia luminizing black mask

Is your skin in need of a boost in the overall tone and appearance?
Boscia bright white mask

One of my skin struggles is with tone and even pigmentation and this helps to reduce my redness and really brighten up the overall appearance of my skin

Products with glycolic acid (which is an alpha hydroxyl acid) helps to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores and leave skin feeling softer and smoother. However, it can leave your skin a little sensitive at first and you have to stay out of the sun when using this. I usually get a mild peel with my full facial so I don't use this about four days before going in (too much of a good thing.....) 


I have a daytime and nighttime duo that I like 
Daytime: kiehl's ultra facial cream 
Nighttime: epicuren glycolic lotion skin peel 


Sometimes I use one, sometimes both, but I never use them more than 2-3 times one week. Then I'll take a week "off".  

You may be reading this and think this chic is a product "whore-der".  The jury is still out on that one. So just pick one or two and see how they work for you.  

And that's all I have to say about that...for now 








No comments:

Post a Comment